The Kentico ‘Site of the Year’ is awarded for the best Kentico content management system (CMS) website in recognition of individual and team efforts in website development.
As a Kentico partner, we were eligible to submit entries in several categories and we are delighted to announce that we were voted the global winner in the education website category, securing nearly 50% of the votes.
Our submission for this category was the Learning Outside the Classroom website produced for CfBT Education Trust. To enter, we had to document what had been our greatest challenge in producing the website, how we used the Kentico CMS and the results we achieved.
Using Google’s Benchmarking Service, we were able to list the impressive stats for the 12 months since the LOtC website was officially launched. It has overtaken the ‘average’ stats for education resource-based websites and has had:
- 39% more visits than the average (over 110,000 visits since launch)
- 28% less ‘bounce rates’ than the average educational website
- 142% more page views than the average (over 500,000 page views)
- 50% more time on the website per visitor than the average
- 74% more pages viewed per visit than the average
Our sincere thanks to all those who voted for us!